Saturday 19 February
This was my first time to Sydney! I was very excited and my expectations we huge. I'll tell you now I was not let down. We started our day with brunch at 10:30, so we wouldn't have to buy more food in the city. After that we headed down to the ferry. I bought my first ferry pass and we waited to catch the 12pm ferry. The ferry station is so cool. There is a little candy counter and restaurants and stores. Its kind of like a mini airport, which I definitely wasn't expecting. When we got on the ferry we decided to sit at the back. As we scooted along I just relaxed and took in the scenery and then we started to turn into the harbour and BAM! Opera house!
 |
| From the ferry |
It is right in your face and it is amazing! Once we were docked we headed for the Sydney Tower. It took a while to get there and we did get a lost, but only for a few minutes. Finally we found the right mall and got lost in there, but then we really did find our way up. We each got an explore 4 pass, which gives you unlimited access to the Sydney Tower, Aquarium, Wild Life World, and Ocean World for 6 months. We were squeezed into a tiny wedge shaped elevator and up we went. 309 meters to the top.
 |
| This is the shape of the tower. |
When we got to the top it was breathtaking! You can see the whole entire city, 360 degree views. We walked around, looked out the binoculars and took pictures. We could even see our school which was miles away across the harbour.
 |
| View of harbour bridge(left) and opera house (between buildings on right) |
 |
| This is pretty much a straight shot down, and yes that is a crane down there. |
After we were done at the top of the tower, we piled back into the tiny elevator and went down. We stopped and did the 4D ride, which is a movie, with the the moving seats. It was about Australia and it was really fun. After that we decided to go over the rocks which is right near the harbour. On the way over we stopped at a little souvenir shop and also looked at UGG boots! When finally made it back to the harbour there were some street performers, and one of them was playing the didgeridoo! Check the video to hear/ see it! We finally made it over the market place and walked through all the booths. We found some really cute little souvenirs here as well! After a long day of walking we decided to go eat. Well as I've told you their breakfasts here are nothing to rave about so we all have been craving pancakes, so we went to Pancakes on the Rocks. These people do pancakes right! I don't remember the name of mine but it was buttermilk pancakes with grilled bananas, walnuts, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and chocolate ice cream!
 |
| My dinner... or I guess dessert is the better word here. |
After "dinner" we decided to head back because we were exhausted! But before we got on the ferry we took some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment