This post is for those of you who don't know about Tim Tams.
Tim Tams are one of the greatest things I have encountered since arriving in Australia. Tim Tams are an Australian biscuit, or as we say, a cookie! They are little sandwich cookies dipped in chocolate. They come in all type of flavors including, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, which chocolate, double coat, mint, black forest, and caramel to name a few. Double coat is by far the best of these all. My friends and I have even established "Tim Tam Time. " We have a rotation of who buy Tim Tams. Its become a highlight for all of us.
 |
| I LOVE TIM TAMS! |
The real Tim Tams are not available in the US. Apparently there is a super high tax on them for some reason. (When I heard this I was outraged and proceeded to tell my aussie friends I was going to call Obama about this! Needless to say they thought I was insane.) A form of Tim Tams are available at Targets in the US from October to March. I suggest you all go and try a box. However, their selection is much more limited and it just won't be the same as having an Arnott's Tim Tam. Lucky for all of you I plan on brining a suitcase full of them home (no I am not joking, I have an extra suitcase readily available) so you will all be able to enjoy some aussie culture, a real Australian Tim Tam!
No comments:
Post a Comment