Wednesday, April 20, 2011

KB's Adventures

     For those of you who don't know my sorority does a white elephant gift exchange each year for Christmas. This year we all sat in a circle with a wrapped gift, then passed them around the circle for about a minute. Then whatever was in our lap after that minute, we got to open and keep!
    This year I got the perfect gift and it was pure luck that it happened to land in my lap. I received a stuffed Koala backpack!!! You cannot even imagine my excitement at this lovely gift, as I was about to head off to Australia, what could be better than a large koala to carry around on my back? NOTHING! So I affectionately named him King Blue (KB for short) as that is one of our sorority colors and stuck him in my suitcase for the trip.
    Now here it the fun part, I've been trying to take him along on trips and outing so I can get pictures of him. He hasn't been too many places yet, but keep checking for updates. Here is a look at our beach day in Manly!

This is my friend Jessica and KB getting ready to lay out on the beach. They both understand the importance of sunscreen in Australia.

 KB loves lying out on Shelly Beach!
 This is KB chilling out by Manly Beach. He loves to people watch! =D
 KB and I strolling Manly Boardwalk! We both love shopping and having the beach so close!

This is KB at the beginning of the Corso which is the center of Manly. It has lots of shops and places to eat and right near the beach! We were getting ready to go get ice cream!



















 That was our Manly Adventure! More to come soon so keep an eye out!

No comments: